MANCHESTER UNITED MIDFIELDER MICHAEL CARRICK READY TO RETIRE IF NO DEAL IS OFFERED

5:46 AM

MANCHESTER UNITED MIDFIELDER MICHAEL CARRICK READY TO RETIRE IF NO DEAL IS OFFERED



35-year-old Manchester United Central midfielder Michael Carrick indicated about his retirement in case he is not offered a new deal by Football club in the summer.

Carrick is the second- longest serving player after Wayne Rooney at Old Trafford. He joined the club in 2006 and in his 11- year of career he wins five- premier league with United and even claimed the Champions league, FIFA club World Cup and FA cup.

Talking about the renewal of the contract Carrick said he haven’t discuss the matter with United boss Jose Mourinho yet,

“I haven’t really had that much of a conversation with him at the moment. Obviously that will happen. It’s going to happen at some stage, pretty soon I’d have thought. That’s something I’m really relaxed about. I’m sure he is as well.

“I’ve said for some time now, as long as I feel I can contribute enough that’s fine by me,” he said. “I understand I am not going to play every game. I haven’t really got a problem with that.

“I need to be playing enough. I don’t want to be here just for the sake of ‘you’ve been here so long, let’s keep you on board.’ I wouldn’t want to do that.

“It almost depends on how long I’m here. I don’t think there’s many places I’d want to play, if any, after this anyway.”

Carrick’s contract going to expire in the summer. On asking if club wouldn’t renew the contract, than retirement could be the last option, he replied,

“I probably would say so, yes. I think so. I couldn’t say definitely but pretty much.’

Moreover, Carrick has been granted a testimonial by the club, which will feature a game between a Manchester United 2008 XI and the Michael Carrick All-Stars. Whatever money raised, after expenses, from the testimonial will be distributed to charities of his choice through newly- created Michael Carrick Foundation. The money would be used on the development of the young people.

شارك الموضوع

مواضيع ذات صلة